Even if you have the latest iPhone/iPad or an older model, you might find that your device’s storage will always be full. This happens because you take a lot of photos, record many videos, or download many apps. It can be caused when you’re trying to download or update an app, and it tells you to clear some space.
If you want to get more space for new apps and clean up your smartphone’s trash or cache files, here are some simple tricks to help you. These tricks or tips will help your iPhone or iPad be more organized and free up some space.
Your iPhone can fill up with apps, photos, and text messages, which can use up a lot of space. When your iPhone gets too full, it might start to slow down or have issues. In this post, we will learn how to check how much storage space you have left on your iPhone and how to clear up some space.
Free Up Space on iPhone/iPad.
You can clear up space on your iPhone using several methods. The following are some given ways:
Remove Apps You Don’t Need
Go through your apps and delete any that you no longer use. You can press and hold the app’s icon until it moves, and then click the uninstall option on the app you need to delete.
Clean Browser’s Storage
Browser saves information such as your browser history and saved files. You can remove these by going to Settings, your browser, and clearing history and website data.
Organize your photos and videos.
Remove Unwanted Photos and Videos
Check your pictures and videos from time to time and delete the ones you don’t want anymore.
Improve iPhone Storage
Go to the Settings menu, then Photos, and then check the “Optimise iPhone Storage” option. This saves lower-quality versions of your media on your device and higher-quality ones in iCloud.
Check and Remove Big Apps
Go to Settings, General, and iPhone Storage to find which apps take up much space. Think about deleting apps that are using a lot of storage.
Offload Unused Apps
This option lets you delete the app itself but keep its data. If you want the app again, it will be downloaded along with its data. You can turn this on by going to Settings, then General, then iPhone Storage, and enabling ‘Offload Unused Apps’ option.
Use iCloud Photos
Turn on iCloud Photos to save your photos and videos in the cloud and later delete them from your iPhone.
Make Messages Delete Automatically
In your settings, go to Messages, then Message History, and choose to make messages and delete them after a set time.
Remove Previous Conversations
Delete big attachments from text message chats.
Clear App Cache
Social media applications
Social media apps may collect a lot of information and cache. To clear this data, uninstall and reinstall them.
How to View the Available Storage on Your iPhone/iPad
To see how much storage you have left on your iPhone, follow these easy steps:
Widget for iPhone/iPad Storage
- To access the Today View, slide right on your home screen.
- Go down to the bottom and select the ‘Edit’ option.
- Locate and set up the ‘Storage’ widget.
- Slide left on your home screen to get the widget that shows your available storage space.
- On your iPhone, launch the “Settings” app.
- Scroll to the bottom and select the ‘General’ option.
- Then select the ‘iPhone Storage’ option and now you can view your storage.
Making Use of iCloud Settings
- Go to the “Settings” application.
- At the top of the page, select your Apple ID and then choose the ‘iCloud’ option.
- You can see how much space you’ve used and how much is still available on the “iCloud Storage” tab.
Making Use of the ‘About’ option
- Navigate to the “Settings” application.
- Go to the bottom of the page, then select the ‘General’ option, and click the ‘About’ tab.
- Slide down to see the storage option, which displays your remaining storage space.
Making Use of iTunes on a Computer
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
- Find and choose your device in iTunes.
- You will see a bar on the device overview page showing how much storage is used and available.
How to Free Up Storage Space on iPhone/iPad
Follow these instructions to free up storage space on your iPhone:
Remove the cache and data in the Browser
- Choose the Browser ‘Settings’ option.
- Then, select the ‘Clear History and Website Data’ option.
Delete the App Cache
- To clean the cache, remove and reinstall applications like social media apps.
- Clear the cache in the browser by going to the settings menu and your browser, advanced option, and click the website data.
Remove Unused Apps
- Press down an app symbol on your home screen before it starts moving.
- Click the cross symbol in the upper-right corner of the app you wish to uninstall.
Manage Photos and Videos
- iCloud Photos may be used to store files in the cloud and remove local files.
- Remove unnecessary pictures and videos using the photos app.
- Remove older message threads, particularly ones with big files.
- Messages may be set to be removed automatically after a particular period of time under the settings menu and messages app, then click message history and then remove the App Cache.
How do I control the data and cache of iPhone apps?
A few applications keep a large amount of data and cache. To manage this, go to the settings menu, general, then iPhone Storage, and choose the app data and cache you want to delete.
Is it possible to use iCloud for storage?
Yes, you may use iCloud to store your images, videos, files, and app data. To turn on iCloud storage, navigate to the settings menu, your name, iCloud option, and click the manage storage option.
How do I clear up storage on my iPhone quickly?
Delete old or unused applications, removing downloaded videos and audio files, and deleting your browser cache are all easy ways to free up your iPhone storage.
Can I use “Offload Unused Apps”?
‘Offload Unused Apps’ is a setup option that deletes applications you do not use but saves their data. It will allow you to turn it on under the settings menu, App Store, and click the ‘Offload Unused Apps’ option.